Tourism Assistant Summer Student
|Open Date||Jan 18 2021 - 02:00:00 PM||Close Date||May 10 2021 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Tourism Assistant Summer Student||Posting Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Economic Development & Tourism||Openings||3|
|Education||High School||Company||Elgin County|
|Location||Elgin County Admin.||Competition||JP#08-21EDT|
|Salary Range||$13.40 to $14.25|
Incumbents successful to these positions will staff various tourist booths throughout Elgin County providing tourists with information. Although each Tourism Assistant is responsible for one main location, all Tourism Assistants will be crossed-trained to cover hours in at least one other location. Responsibilities will include maintaining inventories of brochures, retaining tourism survey data, updating the Tourism website, database development, promoting Elgin County to the general public and other duties as assigned.
A major part of the Tourism Assistant experience includes operating as a goodwill ambassador for Elgin County. In many cases the Tourism Assistant will be a tourist’s first exposure to the area. Visitors from around the world have signed our guest books and experienced our famous tourist attractions. This is an exciting, customer-oriented position that requires an outgoing and self-motivated
- Must have own transportation and a valid class ‘G’ Ontario drivers license.
- Satisfactory Ontario Driver Abstract.
- Experience in computer software including word processing, and excel spreadsheets.
- Pleasant, outgoing with a basic knowledge of Elgin County.
- Good time management, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Applicants must be between 15-30 years of age and do not need to be a returning student.
- Preference will be given to residents of Elgin County.
- Ability to work well unsupervised.