Personal Support Worker - Bobier Villa
|Open Date||Jul 08 2021 - 12:40:00 PM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Personal Support Worker - Bobier Villa||Posting Type||Part time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Department||Homes and Seniors Services||Openings||Ongoing|
|Location||Dutton, ON - Bobier Villa||Competition||Multiple|
We’re hiring Personal Support Workers (PSW)!
Nothing is more important to us than our team of caring and dedicated employees. The County of Elgin focuses on ensuring all County employees are treated fair and consistent. We strive to ensure that our supportive work environment continues to make the County of Elgin an Employer of Choice. The Personal Support Worker is responsible for the provision of care and attention to the personal needs of all residents of the Home in accordance with established routine procedures. As a Personal Support Worker, you can expect to perform the list of duties found below, as well as any additional duties your supervisor assigns.
Summary of Work Performed
- Gives assistance to any resident that requires help to get up or be put to bed.
- Assists residents to the washroom, dining room, etc.
- Serves meals in bed care and special/resident care.
- Strips and makes beds as necessary.
- Sets tables.
- Bathes residents (i.e. cutting toe and finger nails).
- Performs minor treatments; provides Peri-care.
- Writes daily reports and reads previous reports (computer).
- Completes daily records at the end of each shift (computer).
- Prepares and serves H.S. lunch.
- Sets out and collects bedpans and sterilizes them.
- Empties laundry carts.
- Answers call lights / bells and periodically checks on residents.
- Washes geriatric chairs and wheelchairs weekly.
- Participates in reality classes in special care.
- Cleans sinks in kitchenettes.
- Ensures residents’ rooms are tidy (i.e. removing dirty clothing, putting out clean clothing in the A.M.).
- Assists residents in cleaning teeth and dentures.
- Sets out face cloths and towels as required.
- Orders residents’ trays when necessary.
- Complies with fire and safety regulations in the Home.
- Moves residents from one room to another when they transfer.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Works in a manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the County of Elgin and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Advises immediate supervisor of the existence of any potential or actual danger to the health and safety of a worker of which he/she is aware.
"The little home with a lot of heart" - Bobier Villa
Bobier Villa is a 57 bed long-term care facility nestled in the community of Dutton, Ontario in the Municipality of Dutton/Dunwich just 20 minutes west of London, Ontario. Bobier Villa offers 24 hour nursing care, both private and basic accommodation, sitting areas as well as expansive gardens, a large water feature and gazebos.
Who are you?
- You are a graduate of a Personal Support Worker program from a recognized post-secondary institution
- You love to learn, and are willing to further your training of the Personal Support Worker field through in-services, etc.
- You have up-to-date knowledge regarding Health& Safety Procedures and Policies
- You like to meet new people and build lasting relationships and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact positively and effectively with patients, staff, and the general public
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to prioritize multiple and changing tasks that require attention to detail
There are so many great reasons to work with the County of Elgin... Apply today!