Job Details: Dietary Aide - Terrace Lodge
|Open Date||Nov 20 2023 - 09:01:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 21 2023 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Dietary Aide - Terrace Lodge||Posting Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||up to 24|
|Department||Homes and Seniors Services||Openings||2|
|Education||Certificate||Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Location||Aylmer, ON - Terrace Lodge|
|Salary Range||$25.31 to start|
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Dietary Aide is responsible for basic food preparation assisting the Cook where needed and handling food in accordance with safety and sanitary regulations. The individual will be responsible for service of food, setting and clearing tables; receiving goods delivered to the dietary department; keeping accurate records; maintaining safe and sanitary work environment by knowing the proper procedures for operating and cleaning all equipment, utensils, work surfaces etc. used in food service areas.
SUMMARY OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Perform basic food preparation and assist the Cook where needed.
- Dietary Aides must be willing to step up to cook and prepare meals when needed.
- Perform any task related to the food service operation such as washing dishes/pots, operating or cleaning equipment, and organizing and cleaning other food service areas and or surfaces.
- Set and clean tables in all dining rooms. Serve meals to residents, enforce or encourage diet restrictions on those residents following special diets.
- Receive and store goods delivered to the dietary department.
- Stock and clean refrigerators.
- Maintain accurate records as required.
- Comply with established Fire and Safety Regulations.
- Displays a neat and tidy appearance wearing a clean uniform and hairnet.
- Shows a willingness to further their knowledge by attending in-service programs.
- Works in a manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the County of Elgin and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Advises immediate supervisor of the existence of any potential or actual danger to the health and safety of a worker of which he/she is aware.
- Cook Diploma from a recognized college or;
- Food Service Worker Certificate.
- Current Food Handlers Certificate.
- Preference will be given to persons with experience in institutional food service set-up.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be available and willing to work scheduled shifts, call-ins, weekends, evenings, and nights – seven (7) days a week.
- Successful completion of a police record check with vulnerable sector clearance (completed within the past 6 months)
- Satisfactory TB documentation (completed within the past 12 months)
BENEFITS & VACATION
- Will receive 14% in-lieu of benefits paid every pay, however, if enrolled in the OMERS pension plan, your in-lieu of benefits will reduce to 9%
- 4% vacation pay, paid every pay