Director of Information Technology Services
|Open Date||Feb 18 2021 - 12:41:00 PM||Close Date||Mar 19 2021 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Director of Information Technology Services||Posting Type||Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Bachelors Degree||Company||Elgin County|
|Location||Elgin County Admin.|
|Salary Range||$121,867 to $142 579 per year (2020 Rates)|
The County of Elgin has an exciting new opportunity for the position of Full-Time Director of Information Technology Services. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of ITS will support services to Elgin County and at least two (2) local municipalities within Elgin, ensuring the alignment of ITS with the strategic initiatives of the County and participating Partners. This new position will have responsibility for all aspects of ITS including, but not limited to, strategy and planning, staff management, budgetary responsibility, infrastructure, database administration and integration and helpdesk functions. This position will support efforts to increase Elgin County’s technological capability and introduce new solutions both internally, within administration, and externally, for the residents, businesses and visitors of Elgin County.
The municipality is seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science or Business (or equivalent)
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience related to ITS Management, preferably in a municipal environment;
- Possess a strong understanding of risk management, cyber strategy and other security concepts;
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills and experience preparing and presenting budgets and analyzing financial information;
- Knowledge of new and emerging technologies, best practices and methodologies and an understanding of how they may benefit the County of Elgin and Partners;
- A proven track-record of driving technology innovation, supporting transformational change, and implementing new technological solutions;
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills;
- Possess strong analytical and innovative problem-solving skills with proven ability to exercise flexibility and judgment in assessing business issues and risks in a dynamic environment;
- Strong operational, management and leadership skills with proven project management and coordination experience;
- Confidence working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment; and
- A valid class G Ontario driver's License is required.
Remuneration: $121,867 to $142,579 per year (2020 rates) with comprehensive Benefits Package, including OMERS Pension Plan
Hours of Work: 35 Hours per week
Application Deadline: March 19, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.