Registered Practical Nurse - Bobier Villa
|Open Date||Dec 10 2020 - 02:33:00 PM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Registered Practical Nurse - Bobier Villa||Posting Type||Part Time (SEIU)|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Department||Homes and Seniors Services||Openings||Ongoing|
|Education||College Diploma||Company||Elgin County|
|Salary Range||$32.25 to $33.93|
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As a member of the nursing team and in consultation with the Registered Nurse, the Registered Practical Nurse is involved in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of resident care consistent with expectations and current Standards of Nursing Practice for Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses, as developed by the College of Nurses of Ontario. In addition, the Registered Practical Nurse works in accordance with the policies of the Elgin County Homes for Senior Citizens to provide safe, effective and ethical nursing care.
SUMMARY OF WORK PERFORMED:
1. Is responsible for maintaining a current certificate of competence and demonstrates and maintains that competence at the current level of knowledge for his/her practice including added skills acquired in Elgin County Homes for Senior Citizens. Attends workshops and/or in-service programs offered by the employer to enhance ability to deliver quality resident care.
2. Demonstrates professional knowledge and skill in daily practice by responding quickly to unexpected changes in work volume, emergencies, staffing and scheduling changes.
3. Carries out resident care plans by competently performing basic nursing skills in compliance with the current standards of practice for Registered Practice Nurses as specified by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
4. Recognizes/reports symptoms indicative of the resident’s adverse reaction to treatment, reports declining conditions to the Registered Nurse and documents such information in the resident’s record. Communicates concise and appropriate information concerning the resident’s needs and overall condition to the Registered Nurse and other members of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
5. Evaluates and documents the resident’s condition and response to nursing care. In consultation with the Registered Nurse, adjusts resident care as necessary to accommodate the resident’s changing status.
6. Acts as a member of the nursing team in contributing to the nursing process by collecting data from residents and other health team members, reporting such data to the Registered Nurse and documenting this information appropriately.
7. Performs/assists residents to perform activities of daily living including functions such as: oral hygiene, grooming, toiling, ambulating, positioning, etc.
8. Participates, as a nursing team member by supporting, assisting, relieving and covering for other staff members promptly and when required.
9. In all independent and interdependent functions, meets the ethical and legal requirements of professional advice.
10. Acts as a resident advocate by protecting the resident’s right to: Access to valid information, Informed and voluntary consent to care, treatment and participation in nursing education, Privacy and confidentiality, Treatment with dignity, Participation in decisions affecting his/her care
11. Performs other duties as required.
12. Works in a manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the County of Elgin and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
13. Advises immediate supervisor of the existence of any potential or actual danger to the health and safety of a worker of which he/she is aware.
1. Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2. Provides evidence of Pharmacology preparation.
3. Provides evidence of Aseptic technique preparation.
4. Current Standard First Aid with CPR Level HCP required.
5. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills.