Provincial Offences Administrative Clerk
|Open Date||Feb 16 2021 - 02:55:00 PM||Close Date||Mar 01 2021 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Provincial Offences Administrative Clerk||Posting Type||Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||POA||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Location||Provincial Offences Court||Competition||JP#29-21POA|
|Salary Range||$31.25 to $36.56|
The Elgin County Provincial Offences Administration (POA) office has a vacancy available for a Full-Time Provincial Offenses Administrative Clerk. Reporting to the Manager of Court Services the incumbent will provide provide administrative and front-line bilingual customer service support for the Provincial Offences Court.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Collect fine revenue, data entry into the ICON system
- Prepare appeal documents, transfer information on ICON to Ontario Court of Justice (OCJ), receive papers back from OCJ upon completion by Court, input decision into ICON, and continue to process as stated by Court.
- Prepare and maintain the Courtroom for proceedings.
- Open and close Court, read charges, endorse information and prepare paperwork for signing by Justice of the Peace
- Arrange for interpreters.
- As trial co-ordinator, prepare dockets, provide Court dates, send out notices of trial, maintain court files, master plan, Court schedules and keep in close contact with Provincial and Municipal Prosecutors and police agencies.
- Transcribe Court proceedings as required by stakeholders. Ensure efficient operation of all recording and transcribing equipment, making log notes during court proceedings.
- Community College diploma and/or relevant education, experience
- Computer proficiency in MS Office; system knowledge in ICON and CAMS
- Familiar with Provincial Offences Court administration procedures.
- Knowledge of Provincial Offences Act and Regulations and preparing Court documents and Court transcripts
- Clerk/Monitor/Moderator and virtual meeting platform
- Customer Service in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with excellent written/verbal communication skills.