Job Details: Housekeeping Laundry Aide - Terrace Lodge
|Open Date||Sep 18 2023 - 02:01:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 29 2023 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Housekeeping Laundry Aide - Terrace Lodge||Posting Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||up to 24|
|Department||Homes and Seniors Services||Openings||1|
|Education||High School||Company||Elgin County|
|Location||Aylmer, ON - Terrace Lodge|
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The housekeeping person will perform cleaning operations designed to keep the Home in a clean, neat and tidy condition at all times and in accordance with established preventative maintenance and procedures.
SUMMARY OF WORK PERFORMED:
1. Performs dusting of furniture and floors.
2. Performs wet mopping, stripping/waxing of floors through the use of high/low speed polishers.
3. Shampoos/cleans/vacuums furniture and carpets; cleans lights; washes windows.
4. Up to date knowledge of fire drill procedures and disaster plans.
5. Performs the marking of residents’ clothing.
6. Compiles clothing and personal belongings lists upon admission/discharge of residents.
7. Washes beds and walls.
8. Cleans residents’ bedside tables and closets.
9. Performs waste collection duties.
10. Cleans all washrooms.
11. Reports any safety hazards in the Home.
12. Sets up furniture for special occasions and functions as needed.
13. Works in the laundry department when required and follows their job description as outlined.
14. Performs other duties as required.
15. Works in a manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the County of Elgin and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
16. Advises immediate supervisor of the existence of any potential or actual danger to the health and safety of a worker of which he/she is aware.
- Possesses a basic understanding of housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to further their training in housekeeping through inservices, etc.
- Up to date knowledge regarding Health & Safety Procedures/Policies.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be available and willing to work scheduled shifts, call-ins, weekends, evenings, and nights – seven (7) days a week.
- Successful completion of a police record check with vulnerable sector clearance (completed within the past 6 months)
- Satisfactory TB documentation (completed within the past 12 months)